Minerals and Waste
26 years providing environmental support to the minerals industry. We focus on the delivery of concise packages of environmental information at key planning and project stages:
- Land acquisition/feasibility: Targeted environmental scoping and risk assessment service
- Pre-planning: Preparation of individual environmental reports from e.g. flood risk assessment, tree survey, through to full Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Statement Production
- Post planning: Discharge of environmental planning conditions, e.g. landscape design and planting plans, protected species mitigation
- Operation: On-going project support through the operational phase including ecology services and environmental monitoring
- Restoration: Landscape design and management for restoration. Habitat and wetland design works and creation
- Research: Extensive experience of research into quarry restoration and management planning.
Ecus works with a wide range of waste-related organisations and sectors, including waste management companies, skip companies and landfills.
We help these organisations to manage potential environmental risks relating to biodiversity and ecosystems, contaminated land, post-closure reclamation and breaches of environmental legislation.
We assist with new environmental permits or variations to existing permits as well as providing environmental training to employees who are required to have a basic or more complex understanding of environmental issues at both a site and corporate level.