Archaeology and Heritage
Our highly skilled heritage team provide independent consultancy services in relation to archaeology, historic buildings and historic landscapes.
Whether a developer, land owner, planning or energy consultant, architect, or an owner and managers of historic buildings or historic landscapes Ecus can assist you.
Our heritage services
- Consult and advise on our client’s behalf to ensure the appropriate balance between the needs of our clients with conservation concerns throughout the planning process.
- Assessment of the significance of heritage assets, including their setting, to assist planning decisions and Environmental Statements.
- Address any heritage constraints within the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) for planning applications.
- Assist in defining sustainable development solutions with regard to the historic environment and heritage assets.
- Survey and appraisal of historic landscapes, historic buildings and archaeological sites.
- Preparation of Conservation and Heritage Management Plans for historic sites including Scheduled Monuments, Listed Buildings, Registered Parks and Gardens and World Heritage Sites (WHS).
- Management of archaeological fieldwork, either at pre-application evaluation or post-determination mitigation stages.
In addition, by combining our knowledge and experience with the other Ecus teams we can offer an integrated and robust approach for the sustainable management of the historic environment.
Further information on our heritage services is available via the links on the left. For more information either call one of our team or make an enquiry.