Heritage, Archaeology and Planning
From initial site appraisals, through the preparation of heritage documents to support planning applications, to the discharge of planning conditions Ecus Heritage can help to effectively reduce the risk of untimely delays and extra costs to our client.
Throughout the planning process we provide you with advice on archaeology, Scheduled Monuments, Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas, World Heritage Sites, Registered Parks and Gardens, Registered Battlefields and all other types of undesignated heritage assets.
We consult Historic Environment Records (HER,) undertake aerial photograph research, identify historic hedgerows and conduct walkover surveys to inform our assessments. We employ leading experts in historic landscape characterisation, historic landscape surveys and recording historic buildings.
Our services include:
- Pre-acquisition due diligence and rapid appraisals reports to help identify heritage constraints and potential risks at the outset of a scheme.
- Assessment of heritage constraints with regard to the promotion of housing allocation with Local Development Frameworks.
- NPPF compliant desk based assessments, heritage statements and evaluation of heritage significances to support planning applications.
- Consideration of the setting of heritage assets.
- Devise strategies to secure planning permission and advice on the need, cost and timescale of any works.
- Advice on scope of heritage and archaeological planning conditions.
- Preparation Archaeological Written Scheme of Investigation to discharge planning condition.
- Managing archaeological fieldwork on behalf of developers, including geophysics, fieldwalking, evaluation trenches, excavation, archaeological and watching brief.
- Written representation and expert witness
For more information either call one of our team or make an enquiry.