We’re looking for a passionate and dedicated Arboricultural Consultant who is looking to further develop their career as part of an forward-thinking environmental consultancy.
Our Arboricultural Consultants join us on multi-disciplinary projects; work closely with and deliver for a number of our long-term and highly valued clients, and support our evolving consultancy with a growing portfolio of projects.
We anticipate the day-to-day responsibilities of the position will include:
- All aspects of the surveying and preparation of development related tree reports to BS5837:2012.
- Using digital data capture for survey work (OTISS training will be provided).
- Preparing drawings and reports using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, BricsCAD and QArb software.
- Delivering small and large scale Duty of Care tree surveys.
- Local Authority tree officer support.
- Adhering to agreed deadlines.
Ecus is committed to ensuring our employees thrive. We are proud of our values, diversity and inclusion, and the benefits we offer. Find out more about the benefits.
Skills / Experience
The skills and experience we hope to see
As well as good interpersonal skills and the ability to nurture positive working relationships with colleagues and clients alike, we’re looking for the Arboricultural Consultant to have:
- Minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification or equivalent.
- An understanding of arboriculture that includes delivering BS5837 development related surveys.
- Proficient tree identification skills.
- Experience of writing tree works specification and report writing.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad or similar and a willingness to be trained in the use of QArb software, BricsCAD and OTISS data capture.
- Full UK Driving Licence, ideally comfortable to travel nationwide though this is not essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage own workload to meet client deadlines.
- Industry-recognised tree assessment qualification such as Professional Inspection Certificate PTI or QTRA, or an interest in working towards this – we support the professional development of all employees and always appreciate the opportunity to help our people progress.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
If you are interested in applying but don’t meet all of the criteria, we still want to hear from you. Regardless of whether you currently tick all of the boxes, have specific or complex needs, have any questions, or for any other reason – please get in touch or make your application.
If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience, we want to hear from you.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or give our friendly recruitment team a call.