Ecus was founded 30 years ago and is a UK multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy specialising in environmental services including environmental planning and assessment, sustainability and environmental management. We have in-house specialist teams in ecology, arboriculture, landscape, green infrastructure, cultural heritage and archaeology, air quality and carbon. As a medium sized company we have the ability to really understand our stakeholders at a local level, along with the agility to efficiently flex and adapt to the changing demands of the market.
We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment through responsible and sustainable practices and we work closely with our clients to ensure outcomes match this.
About this role
We seek an efficient and skilled Bid Coordinator to join our team. As a Bid Coordinator, you will lead the bid process, from opportunity identification to proposal submission. This includes ensuring the timely submission of high-quality proposals that meet client requirements, managing the bid budget and resources effectively and establishing compliance with all RPF requirements and guidelines. The Bid Manager will also uphold an understanding of market trends and competitor activity to inform bid strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our business development initiatives, strengthen our market position and drive revenue growth. If you are a result-oriented professional, passionate about delivering winning bid proposals for business growth, we anticipate your application.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through market research, competitor analysis and client needs assessment.
- Lead and coordinate the entire bid management process, including reviewing bid invitations, conducting bid/no-bid analysis and establishing timelines.
- Develop compelling and persuasive bid content, including executive summaries, value propositions, pricing models and technical responses.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as sales, operations and subject matter experts, to gather information and develop bid strategies.
- Coordinate and facilitate bid review meetings, ensuring key stakeholders provide input and address concerns or issues.
- Work with pricing teams to develop competitive pricing strategies that align with bid requirements and profitability targets.
- Monitor and track bid performance metrics, analysing win/loss data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Conduct post-bid analysis and debrief sessions to identify areas of improvement and implement lessons learned for future bids.
- Continuously refine and improve bid processes, templates and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market insights and emerging best practices in bid management.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Understanding pricing strategies and financial analysis in bid development.
- Ability to create visually appealing and engaging bid presentations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple bids simultaneously.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assess bid opportunities and develop winning strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively
- Experience in managing bids for complex projects or large-scale contracts.
- Demonstrated success in winning bids through effective proposal management.
- Strong understanding of the bid lifecycle, proposal writing, development and contract negotiation.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Flexible and agile working culture
- Career development and Progression (Professional Membership (s) paid)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
Working for us
Ecus is committed to ensuring our employees thrive. We are proud of our values, diversity and inclusion, and the benefits we offer. Find out more about the benefits. If you are ready to advance your career in a people-centred company with a passion for the environment, we would love to hear from you.
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We invest in our people and support professional development and are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing.
Ecus is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you feel you could fulfil one of these roles but do not meet all of the criteria above, we’d still love to hear from you. We provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to be an accredited Investors in People organisation.
Become part of our team!