This is an exciting opportunity for a highly dynamic individual with experience in bid support who is looking to progress a career within an ambitious environmental consultancy.
As a Bid Support Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of large tenders and updating bid support material from across the company. Reporting to the Business Managers and Managing Director, your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- The production and delivery of professionally produced proposals and tenders to client defined timeframes.
- Coordination of proposals and tenders with input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from Directors, business managers, technical specialists and project delivery teams.
- Supporting the ‘bid /no bid’ process in relation to bids, tenders and opportunities which will include ensuring that adequate technical, contractual and commercial reviews are carried out in a timely manner;Managing client and tender portals and ensuring opportunities are identified and circulated to relevant people within the business in a timely manner
- Maintaining Ecus’ existing approved supplier agreements with key clients ensuring the standard company qualification information is kept up to date.
- Liaison with bid specialists in other companies with whom Ecus is collaborating with e.g. in a joint venture.
- Liaison with clients either directly or supporting a business manager to ensure the company fully understands the scope of opportunities and identifying any risks;
- Champion collaboration tools, document management and version control to drive continuous improvement in the efficiency of the bid delivery process.
- Ensure proposal documents follow corporate branding guidelines, standard formatting and quality standards.
- Continuously update bid support material, especially project case studies and manage the interface with project delivery teams to ensure information is available to support bids and tenders across the company and provide advice on flow, language and grammar to content owners.
- Consolidate sections and/or documents developed by others team members into the required tender format.
- Maintain, make available and also archive master document sets of bid support material.
Who we are and what we do
Ecus is a leader in the environmental sector and provides services in ecology, habitat management, consenting, carbon and sustainability, arboriculture, water environment, heritage, landscape design, EIA and ISO business management services.
With multiple regional business units and plans to extend our network even further, we have an overall aim of growing the company substantially over the coming years.
The sectors within which Ecus operates include; transport, energy, development and construction, utilities and government. We have a number of framework agreements and long term contracts with clients across all of these sectors.
The Ecus team has a wide range of technical expertise in environmental consulting. We seek to add to that team by recruiting professionals with relevant environmental skills who are committed to doing their best and with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
Working at Ecus
Investing in our people
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or bringing years of experience with you, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. Investing heavily in our employees and the most up to date technology, we ensure we remain at the forefront with our competitors.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are always looking for people who share our key values:
- Commitment and Excellence
- Accountability and partnership
- Challenge and Innovation
These are the values that support in making Ecus the business it is today. One that is client focused and able to provide the benefits of innovation through close, productive partnerships. This all adds up to a highly professional, forward thinking culture where people feel inspired to look for ways to improve and continuously raise standards, creating a constant drive to grow the organisation and a robust commercial mind-set. Whilst the work at Ecus can be challenging and comes with high expectations, there is an abundance of training / mentor guidance to support you.
Essential Skills and Experience
We are looking for
Essential Skills / Experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject eg sales & marketing, business management;
- Good verbal and written communication skills and expertise in IT ;
- An understanding of tender processes eg pre-qualification questionnaires, tender documents and associated contractual documents;
- 5 – 10 years’ experience of working in a bid support role including bids and tenders ranging from large multidisciplinary tenders to smaller bids produced to a tight deadline;
- Some consultancy experience would be preferred however a good understanding of the environmental services market in the UK is essential.
- The ability to craft and refine tender and bid response documents to produce professional, accurate, high quality outputs
- Experience of large infrastructure projects, specifically rail work would be highly beneficial
- Full driving licence
What we provide in return
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and employee benefits.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.
Supporting file requirements
For CVs, covering letters and portfolios, keep the files to less than 10MB each or include a sharing download link if they exceed this size.