We are recruiting for a built heritage specialist to undertake desk-based research, metric and analytical historic building recording and reporting, and to contribute to the preparation of consultancy documents as required.
Based in one of our Barnard Castle, Sheffield or Basingstoke offices, the role offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to develop and grow their expertise within a company that values high professional standards and a commitment to health and safety. There will be opportunities for training and progression, including tendering, assisting the consultancy team and a clear career path to a management role if desired.
Candidates will be expected to have strong subject knowledge and demonstrable skills and experience in recording historic buildings, though we welcome applications from individuals who are less established but wishing to progress their careers as well as from those with an abundance of built heritage experience.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of, and report to, the Head of Heritage Consultancy, who will provide continual support and guidance. The post-holder will be responsible for concurrent projects and for the commercial success of their work. Experience of writing desk-based assessments and heritage statements, and competent use of CAD and GIS would be advantageous.
Candidates should expect to work in a range of different outdoor and indoor environments and away from the office.
Essential Skills and Experience
Requirements for our role
- Relevant degree or specialism in historic buildings or historic architecture
- Experience of a variety of clients and historic building projects
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Working knowledge of national legislation and planning policy in respect to the historic built environment and related professional standards and guidance
- Experience in preparation of assessments of heritage significance and setting
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, GPS survey and GIS would be advantageous
- Proven report writing skills
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads
- Strong communicator
- Full driving licence and willingness to drive
- Current CSCS card
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible working, and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience (less than 10MB file or include a sharing download link).