We are always seeking highly motivated and dynamic ecologists looking to progress their careers within an ambitious environmental consultancy.
Based in our Scotland office in Edinburgh, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of clients. We want to empower you to succeed and progress!
Essential Skills and Experience
Requirements for our role
The skills and experience we require will depend on the grade you are applying for, but as a minimum, we seek the following from our experienced ecologists:
- An undergraduate degree and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages;
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads;
- Protected Species Licences e.g. NatureScot bat survey licence;
- Experience of delivering PEAR, EcIA and HRA;
- Obtaining EPS mitigation licences;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work without supervision;
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills;
- Ability to work away from home as / when required to undertake surveys as part of a field team (all expenses paid);
- Ability to handle confidential information; and
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ecology Level Information
- Consultant ecologists will be expected to bring technical expertise in survey design and delivery, as well as experience of protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN). Our consultant ecologists will manage and lead smaller short-term projects (with senior support), and work closely with our clients across a range of project sizes.
- Senior ecologists will be expected to bring extensive technical expertise in survey design and delivery, as well as experience of protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN). Our senior ecologists will manage and lead projects, and work closely with our clients across a range of project sizes.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.