With a national presence across England, Scotland and Wales, we have plans to extend our network further and grow the company substantially over the coming years. With over 30 years of experience, our areas of expertise include:
- Environmental planning and consenting
- Carbon management
- Water consultancy
- Air quality
- Habitats creation
We are framework suppliers to, and have long term contracts with many of the major players in the road and rail infrastructure sector, residential and commercial land developers, energy providers and utilities, regulators and Government as well as the national conservation bodies and charities.
We are always seeking to recruit professionals who are committed to doing their best, with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
What we can offer our employees
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- ‘Health Cash Plan’ including access to face to face counselling
- Hybrid / Flexible Working, including “flex-from-first”
- Regional and Companywide events
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Inter-regional technical working groups
- Volunteer days and matched charity fundraising
Working for Us
Investing in our People
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or join us bringing years of experience with you, we will support you in developing your career. We invest in ensuring our employees have the right professional development opportunities, and provide our teams with the most up to date technology. This keeps us at the forefront of our sectors.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
About this Opportunity
What we are looking for
We are always seeking highly motivated and dynamic ecologists looking to progress their careers within an ambitious environmental consultancy.
Building on the success of Sheffield team, we are now looking to expand further.
You will have the potential to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of clients.
We want to empower you to succeed and progress!
Essential Skills / Experience
Requirements for our role
The skills and experience we require will depend on the grade you are applying for, but as a minimum, we seek the following from our ecologists:
- An undergraduate degree and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work without supervision
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ecology Level Information
- As a Graduate we will support you in your development by providing project-based and more formal training to give you the skills and experience to thrive as an ecologist
- As an Assistant ecologist we will empower you to develop your skills further and take on more responsibility to undertake surveys and reports
- As a Consultant we will ensure that you are confident and competent in survey and mitigation across a range of habitats and species as well as bring experience of managing a range of different projects.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.
Supporting file requirements
For CVs, covering letters and portfolios, keep the files to less than 10MB each or include a sharing download link if they exceed this size.