The successful candidate will be a key member of the Company’s Water Environment technical team, reporting directly to the Head of Profession for Water Environment. They will have responsibility for winning and delivering a range of flood risk and drainage projects, working both regionally and nationally.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking and delivering Level 1 – 3 Flood Risk Assessments
- Applying flood risk assessment and management guidance for Scottish, Welsh and English development applications
- Review and interpretation of site survey information and development plans
- Utilities capacity assessment and liaison with statutory undertakers
- Drafting of standard details and design drawings with sufficient details for construction
- Input to Environmental Impact Assessments, Construction Surface Water Management Plans and Construction environmental Management Plans
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders, planning authorities and statutory consultee’s
- Site investigation and project coordination (including on-site supervision of sub-contractors such as surveyors)
- Production of and review of technical reports
- 1-D (and potentially 2-D) hydraulic modelling for watercourse modelling
- Project management, including Quality Assurance and Health and Safety project risk assessments
Who we are and what we do
Ecus is a leader in the environmental sector and provides services in ecology, habitat management, consenting, carbon and sustainability, arboriculture, water environment, heritage, landscape design, EIA and ISO business management services.
With multiple regional business units and plans to extend our network even further, we have an overall aim of growing the company substantially over the coming years.
The sectors within which Ecus operates include; transport, energy, development and construction, utilities and government. We have a number of framework agreements and long term contracts with clients across all of these sectors.
The Ecus team has a wide range of technical expertise in environmental consulting. We seek to add to that team by recruiting professionals with relevant environmental skills who are committed to doing their best and with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
Working at Ecus
Investing in our people
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or bringing years of experience with you, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. Investing heavily in our employees and the most up to date technology, we ensure we remain at the forefront with our competitors.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are always looking for people who share our key values:
- Commitment and Excellence
- Accountability and partnership
- Challenge and Innovation
These are the values that support in making Ecus the business it is today. One that is client focused and able to provide the benefits of innovation through close, productive partnerships. This all adds up to a highly professional, forward thinking culture where people feel inspired to look for ways to improve and continuously raise standards, creating a constant drive to grow the organisation and a robust commercial mind-set. Whilst the work at Ecus can be challenging and comes with high expectations, there is an abundance of training / mentor guidance to support you.
Essential / Desirable Skills and Experience
We are looking for
Essential Skills / Experience
- A minimum of two years professional experience, with demonstrable professional post-graduation experience
- Relevant degree / postgraduate degree (Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science preferred)
- Network design of drainage (surface and foul water) strategies – for both outline and detailed design – using industry standard software such as Infoworks ICM, Causeway Flow and Microdrainage
- Proficient in the delivery of a broad range of flood risk and drainage projects, including assessment, modelling and design at a variety of scales.
- Expertise in using a variety of modelling and design software such as Infoworks ICM, Flood Modeller, Microdrainage, Causeway, Mike-11, XPSWMM, AutoCAD, Civils 3D or PDS
- Experience of preparing fee quotes and tenders
- CSCS Card (For academically qualified person)
- Membership (or progressing towards membership) with CIWEM/ICE
- Full driving licence
What we provide in return
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer, we provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes contributory pension scheme, healthcare benefit package, professional annual membership fees paid, employee benefit scheme i.e. Cycle to Work and Perkbox and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees). All applicants must demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.
Supporting file requirements
For CVs, covering letters and portfolios, keep the files to less than 10MB each or include a sharing download link if they exceed this size.