Ecus was founded 30 years ago and is a UK multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy specialising in environmental services including environmental planning and assessment, sustainability and environmental management. We have in-house specialist teams in ecology, arboriculture, landscape, green infrastructure, cultural heritage and archaeology, air quality and carbon. As a medium sized company we have the ability to really understand our stakeholders at a local level, along with the agility to efficiently flex and adapt to the changing demands of the market.
We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment through responsible and sustainable practices and we work closely with our clients to ensure outcomes match this.
About the role
Our Landscape team works on a wide range of projects for public and private sector clients in the residential, energy, transport, regeneration and water sectors. This includes high profile major infrastructure projects.
Due to the growing demand for our services from clients, in particular in the renewable energy sector, we are seeking an experienced and motivated Landscape Architect Consultant to join our dynamic and growing tam. You will be involved in delivering and managing projects and will help shape and sustainably grow our business in this area.
You will be supporting our senior staff. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience following graduation from a postgraduate Landscape course (Masters or Diploma) and will ideally be aiming to become Chartered.
We anticipate the day-to-day responsibilities of the position will include:
- Assisting senior staff with delivering projects.
- Preparing drawings and reports with the support of senior staff, using Microsoft Office, GIS, AutoCAD, BricsCAD and QScape software.
The skills and experience we hope to see:
As well as good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, nurture positive working relationships with colleagues and clients alike, we’re looking for the Consultant Landscape Architect to have:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture or a related discipline.
- Be a recently Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute or on the Pathway to Chartership.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in the use of AutoCad and/or GIS or similar and a willingness to be trained in the use of QScape software, BricsCAD.
- Willingness to travel for project fieldwork.
- Full UK Driving Licence would be preferable however not essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Flexible and agile working culture
- Career development and Progression (Professional Membership (s) paid)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
Ecus is committed to ensuring our employees thrive. We are proud of our values, diversity and inclusion, and the benefits we offer.
Working for us
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We invest in our people and support professional development and are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing.
Ecus is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you feel you could fulfil one of these roles but do not meet all of the criteria above, we’d still love to hear from you. We provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to be an accredited Investors in People organisation.
Become part of our team!