We are seeking an experienced Principal / Associate Director of Arboriculture who is happy to work both independently and as part of the team, with consultancy experience and who is looking to further establish a career within an ambitious and forward thinking environmental consultancy.
As a senior member of the Arboriculture team, you will be involved in the delivery of projects for both internal and external clients and supporting with a growing portfolio of projects, with typical duties including, but not limited to:
- Managing a wide range of Arboriculture projects, including all aspects of the surveying and preparation of development related tree reports to BS5837:2012
- Advising clients on and delivering small and large scale Duty of Care tree surveys
- Maintaining and developing client relationships and the preparation of fee quotes and tenders
- The provision of Local Authority tree officer support
- Supporting the development and management of the National Arboriculture team
- Provision of high level technical advice to the business
Who we are and what we do
Ecus is a leader in the environmental sector and provides services in ecology, habitat management, consenting, carbon and sustainability, arboriculture, water environment, heritage, landscape design, EIA and ISO business management services.
With multiple regional business units and plans to extend our network even further, we have an overall aim of growing the company substantially over the coming years.
The sectors within which Ecus operates include; transport, energy, development and construction, utilities and government. We have a number of framework agreements and long term contracts with clients across all of these sectors.
The Ecus team has a wide range of technical expertise in environmental consulting. We seek to add to that team by recruiting professionals with relevant environmental skills who are committed to doing their best and with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
Working at Ecus
Investing in our people
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or bringing years of experience with you, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. Investing heavily in our employees and the most up to date technology, we ensure we remain at the forefront with our competitors.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are always looking for people who share our key values:
- Commitment and Excellence
- Accountability and partnership
- Challenge and Innovation
These are the values that support in making Ecus the business it is today. One that is client focused and able to provide the benefits of innovation through close, productive partnerships. This all adds up to a highly professional, forward thinking culture where people feel inspired to look for ways to improve and continuously raise standards, creating a constant drive to grow the organisation and a robust commercial mind-set. Whilst the work at Ecus can be challenging and comes with high expectations, there is an abundance of training / mentor guidance to support you.
Essential / Desirable Skills and Experience
We are looking for
Essential Skills / Experience
- QTRA, Professional Tree Inspector, VALID or similar
- Extensive experience of delivering of tree surveys including development and duty of care
- Experience of Local Authority Tree Officer work
- Excellent report writing and reviewing skills
- Chartered Forester or Arboriculturalist, preferably degree qualified
- Good understanding of habitat creation and species specific needs and requirements
- Framework management experience including national frameworks
- Full UK Driving licence
- Ability to travel nationwide
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Hold The Professional Membership of the Arboricultural Association (MArborA) or higher;
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing for effective working relationships with colleagues and clients to be built / maintained
- Experience of training and mentoring of junior staff
What we provide in return
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer, we provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes contributory pension scheme, healthcare benefit package, professional annual membership fees paid, employee benefit scheme i.e. Cycle to Work and Perkbox and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees). All applicants must demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.
Supporting file requirements
For CVs, covering letters and portfolios, keep the files to less than 10MB each or include a sharing download link if they exceed this size.