As an SME Environmental Consultancy firm, and part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we have a national presence across Scotland, England, and Wales, with plans to extend our network further and grow the company substantially over the coming years.
Ecus Ltd offers an environmental and sustainability consulting service where we aim to integrate what we do around the core principles of achieving a zero carbon and circular economy, the ecological imperative of biodiversity enhancement, healthy environments for people and places, and consideration of the future needs and resilience of society and infrastructure.
We have a strong focus around the natural and earth sciences and can provide a service which blends key skills in ecology, landscape, heritage and arboricultural disciplines with environmental planning and management to reimagine projects and benefit sites.
With over 30 years of experience, our areas of expertise include:
- Environmental planning and consenting
- Carbon management
- Water consultancy
- Air quality
- Habitats creation
We are framework suppliers too and have long term contracts with many of the major players in the transport infrastructure sector, residential and commercial land developers, energy providers and utilities, regulators, and Government as well as the national conservation bodies, charities, and utilities. We are also an IEMA QMark registered company and work hard to encourage the professional progression of our team to contribute to their own professional development and to developing high quality and innovative practice in environmental planning and related disciplines.
We always seek to recruit dedicated professionals who are committed to achieving positive environmental and sustainability outcomes, with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
What we can offer our employees
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- ‘Health Cash Plan’ including access to face to face counselling
- Hybrid / Flexible Working, including “flex-from-first”
- Regional and Companywide events
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Inter-regional technical working groups
- Volunteer days and matched charity fundraising
We are proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve. We put people at the heart of what we do and employ more than 150 professional staff throughout a network of 10 regional offices across Scotland, England, and Wales.
Working for Us
Investing in our People
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We invest in our people and support professional development and are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing.
Become part of our team!
About this Opportunity
What we are looking for
The roles focus on managing projects that involve ecological surveys and assessments. You will be involved in wide ranging work across renewable energy, rail, highways, water infrastructure, housing and much more. These projects range from small scale through to nationally significant infrastructure projects.
You will work closely with our expert ecologists to deliver high quality services to our clients, and you will be supported by senior staff and our dedicated project support team. We would expect you to become a key member of our friendly ecology team and be part of our ongoing evolution as a company.
The job will be primarily be desk-based and may suit ecologists who wish to develop in a project management and coordination direction. Or you may be a project manager in a related field with an interest or understanding of ecology. There may be opportunities to get involved in occasional fieldwork, if desired.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing ecology projects, including the timely delivery of reports and survey outputs.
- The main point of contact with clients on the projects you manage.
- Coordinating and scheduling field survey programs involving our staff and subcontractors.
- Managing project budgets.
- Contributing to bids and tenders for new work.
Skills / Experience
Requirements for our role
Essential Skills / Experience
- Able to lead and motivate a project team
- Experience of ecology or environmental consultancy desirable
- Previous work on large infrastructure projects
- Managing and coordinating teams of people working remotely
- Highly organised, IT literate with good numeracy skills; and experienced in using common MS office software packages
- A strong communicator
- Dynamic and motivated
- Able to work under time pressure, and to quickly adapt to changing work requirements
- Conscientious and have attention to detail
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and covering letter with references outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience (less than 10MB file or include a sharing download link).
-STRICTLY NO AGENCIES-
We do not accept CVs from third parties / agencies, and any applications received will be treated as the property of Ecus Ltd. We will not be liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs received.