As an SME Environmental Consultancy firm, and part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we have a national presence across Scotland, England and Wales, with plans to extend our network further and grow the company substantially over the coming years.
Ecus Ltd offers an environmental and sustainability consulting service where we aim to integrate what we do around the core principles of achieving a zero carbon and circular economy, the ecological imperative of biodiversity enhancement, healthy environments for people and places, and consideration of the future needs and resilience of society and infrastructure.
We have a strong focus around the natural and earth sciences and can provide a service which blends key skills in ecology, landscape, heritage and arboricultural disciplines with environmental planning and management to reimagine projects and benefit sites.
With over 30 years of experience, our areas of expertise include:
- Environmental planning and consenting
- Carbon management
- Water consultancy
- Air quality
- Habitats creation
We have been active in Scotland for 15 years, with a small team of environmental planners, scientists and ecologists operating from our central Edinburgh office.
We are framework suppliers too and have long term contracts with many of the major players in the transport infrastructure sector, residential and commercial land developers, energy providers and utilities, regulators and Government as well as the national conservation bodies, charities and utilities. We are also an IEMA QMark registered company and work hard to encourage the professional progression of our team to contribute to their own professional development and to developing high quality and innovative practice in environmental planning and related disciplines.
We always seek to recruit dedicated professionals who are committed to achieving positive environmental and sustainability outcomes, with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
What we can offer our employees
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- ‘Health Cash Plan’ including access to face to face counselling
- Hybrid / Flexible Working, including “flex-from-first”
- Regional and Companywide events
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Inter-regional technical working groups
- Volunteer days and matched charity fundraising
We are proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve. We put people at the heart of what we do and employ more than 150 professional staff throughout a network of 10 regional offices across Scotland, England and Wales.
Having grown significantly as a company over the last couple of years, we are experiencing increasing demand in environmental planning, sustainability and the low carbon sectors and we are growing both national environmental planning and consenting team with a particular opportunity for an experienced consultant to join our team in Scotland
Working for Us
Investing in our People
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We invest in our people and support professional development and are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing.
Become part of our team!
About this Opportunity
What we are looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic senior / principal level environmental planning and consenting practitioner looking to progress their career within an ambitious and independent environmental consultancy. Based in our Edinburgh office you will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of public and private sector clients.
You will be an experienced and enthusiastic professional with environmental/sustainability consultancy experience gained in a consenting and/or advisory capacity and with a commitment to working flexibly in a small but dynamic and growing team. The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Project and consultancy team management.
- Supporting the production of EIAs and similar environmental assessments.
- Leading and providing technical input into fee quotes and tenders.
- Supporting business development with a focus on low carbon economy sectors to contribute to the team’s project pipeline and client profile.
- Working with other senior team members to ensure high quality project delivery.
- Contributing to the company’s technical practice development and excellence in relevant environmental and sustainability disciplines.
- Working to company health and safety, quality and project management system requirements.
Skills / Experience
Requirements for our role
- Experience in the coordination and production of Environmental Statements/EIA Reports, Environmental Appraisals and/or Sustainability Appraisals.
- Excellent working knowledge of environmental and other integrated impact assessment practices and ideally with some experience in climate/carbon and/or sustainability, social impact assessment.
- Demonstrable experience of planning processes and consenting working with wider client and project teams and their advisors.
- Experienced project manager of environmental projects, comfortable with client liaison, team and financial management as well as technical leadership.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Proposal/Tender preparation experience.
- Membership (ideally at Chartered level or equivalent) of a professional body, such as IEMA
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter with references outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience (less than 10MB file or include a sharing download link).
-STRICTLY NO AGENCIES-
We do not accept CVs from third parties / agencies, and any applications received will be treated as the property of Ecus Ltd. We will not be liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs received