Whether you are looking to progress in professional standing or you bring years of experience, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. By investing heavily in our people and the most up to date technology, we ensure that we remain at the forefront with our competitors. Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are looking to appoint an esteemed Technical Director of Ecology to join our talented and growing team. With the option to work from any of our 18 UK-wide offices, we are looking for an Director to deliver a vast range of multi-disciplinary projects; working closely with and providing value to a number of our long-term, highly respected clients.
This integral position is perfect for someone currently working at Director level, or an experienced Associate Director who is ready to advance their career. Whether you are looking to develop your own knowledge or impart your years of experience to others, you will be doing so with an award-winning environmental consultancy known for doing great work.
Ecus is committed to ensuring our employees thrive. We are proud of our values, diversity and inclusion, and the benefits we offer. Find out more about the benefits.
Skills / Experience
The skills and experience we hope to see
You will use profound technical experience across survey design and delivery, your experience of protected species mitigation and licences manage complex client sites, our large developments, and multi-species mitigation projects.
All of our Consultants, from Graduates to our Leadership Team, represent the reputation and expertise of Ecus every day. This role involves leading key client meetings including design team meetings, providing best practice guidance and advice to customers, and handling complex communications. Therefore, we’re looking for someone who will bring an inherent customer focus along with a applied commerciality to provide the most appropriate and greatest value solutions to our clients.
Our lesser experienced members of the organisation look to learn from and develop their skills by working with our Technical and Associate Directors, and your role will involve providing dedicated mentorship to team members with the intention of enabling their own technical mastery. As a subject matter expert, you will also enable colleagues across the wider business an understanding and appreciation of the work you and your colleagues do via positive and proactive knowledge share activity.
In addition to this, we look for all of our Technical Directors to be:
- Authoritative in species mitigation and a mitigation license holder for at least one protected species with accomplished experience in mitigation for several further protected species and a Survey license holder for at least one species with an authoritative level of experience in site surveys
- Innovative and proactive, continually looking at better ways of delivering traditional services and shaping the team to be prepared for market requirements in 3 to 5 years
- Astute in succession planning by way of developing the expertise of the team, providing focused mentorship and imparting knowledge solely dedicated to the progression of employees
- Actively contributing to the continuous development of a positive, proactive and commercially driven company culture
- Exemplary with writing reports and highly efficient in the quality checking of sensitive, site-critical documentation
- Highly proficient with Microsoft packages and a champion of technological advancement, using systems and processes to improve ways of working or client delivery
- A recognised degree in an environmental or ecological discipline and a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, or similar relevant professional body, along with a commitment towards the continued professional development of your skills and knowledge, and the skills and knowledge of those around you
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
If you are interested in applying but don’t meet all of the criteria, we still want to hear from you!
Regardless of whether you currently tick all of the boxes, please get in touch with any questions or make an application. If you have specific or complex requirements please make contact to see how we could support to enable your success in this role. If you think you would be a good match and can demonstrate some transferable experience, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for the role please send your CV to our friendly Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 299 2409.