Experienced delivery across the transport sector
Technical environmental support for your projects
The transport sector is constantly changing to meet modern demands. At Ecus, we have over 30 years of experience, placing us at the forefront of rail and highways infrastructure development.
Our flexibility and adaptability has allowed us to work on some of the country’s largest projects, and our responsive team of experts have created long-lasting relationships with major organisations.
With comprehensive experience and service offerings, we’re able to fully service the transportation industry and its sub-sectors. Our collaborative technical teams provide understanding, guidance and solutions to tackle the complex requirements of this sector.
Ecus provides responsive technical services across the full transport sector
At Ecus, we hold all the relevant certification and experience to plan and deliver track-side works across the country. Our resourcing is responsive and flexible, enabling us to answer the requirements of this industry and our clients.
We take the health and safety of you, our staff, and all other stakeholders extremely seriously, and are one of the few medium-sized consultancies to have been awarded ISO certification in all three fields:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
Our reputation and achievements in this sector are demonstrated by our positions as framework suppliers to Network Rail, HS2 (Capita), and East West Rail.
Our approach is progressive and innovative having developed a number of pilot schemes including a novel reporting method in conjunction with Network Rail. Alongside this, our experience means we can confidently plan, coordinate and deliver large scale multidisciplinary environmental surveys across large areas.
We have a large cohort of safety critical staff that enable us to deliver a high quality and cost-effective service adaptable across small and large projects.
Ecus provides solutions to a wide range of issues and has experience working on large infrastructure schemes, track renewals, signalling upgrades, line side maintenance, civil projects and environmental incident response.
Supporting the rail sector
- Ecological expertise including protected and invasive species
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental feasibility and constraints reports
- Environmental assessment at all GRIP stages
- Environmental site support
- Heritage assessments and support
- Environmental management and training
- RIPS planning
- Environmental / vegetation management works
Bridging the gap between highways and sustainability
Road infrastructure is a rapidly evolving sector continuously balancing the increase of people and products in the country, with the need to move efficiently, safely and sustainably around the country.
This sector has become data and innovation driven, with clients requiring a collaborative and solutions-focussed partner to help navigate an adaptable and effective route forwards. The highways sector is filled with increasing environmental challenges. To answer them, we use tried and tested solutions alongside the newest technical advances to produce real solutions.
Ecus has decades of experience delivering some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK to the highest standards. We are truly embedded in the processes and outcomes of this safety-critical sector and are inspired to build a sustainable future for all.
We support our clients at all stages from planning, design and construction, to on-site mitigation works and post-development maintenance.
Exceptional service delivery to the highways sector
- Ecological expertise including protected and invasive species
- Specialist ecological and vegetation management services
- Heritage services
- Water environment services and drainage design
- Landscape and public realm design
- Landscape planning
- CAD and GIS support
Supporting sustainability in ports for over 30 years
Ecus assists port organisations and authorities to review their operational environmental impacts, ranging from the impact on wildlife and marine life, through to the health and safety of all site users and stakeholders.
We work with you to identify areas where improvement can be made in the delivery of your services and provide recommendations to ensure your port is operating to the highest environmental standards.
Our team is committed to delivering a sustainable port operation that will minimise environmental impacts and ensure operational longevity to the benefit of future generations.
- Giving you the right support
- Meeting environmental legislation requirements
- Ensuring operations are environmentally considered
- Awareness and resolution of potential environmental risks in your port and harbour
- Carbon management
- Climate change adaptation
- Environmental appraisal and assessment
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Sustainability advisory
Helping ports reduce environmental impacts and deliver sustainable growth
For ports and coastal locations across the UK, the environmental impacts of shipping presents considerable future challenges. With levels of shipping activity forecast to rise we aim to work proactively with our clients to provide adaptable and sustainable solutions.
Innovation and Experience
When it comes to environmental support within the transport sector, Ecus is leading by example and investing further digital transformation into our work across the nation’s rail networks and roadways.
Working with companies such as Network Rail, HS2, Highways England, and across national schemes, Ecus has a proven track record of delivering quality, safety, and innovation to our projects and clients.
Our commitment to quality and health & safety
- RISQS Supplier Audited & Verified
- UVDB Achilles Verified
- Constructionline Gold Member Certificate of Membership
- SSIP Safety Schemes In Procurement Accredited (Acclaim)
- SafeContractor Accreditation
- Sentinel certified staff
- Teams include SMSTS, CSCS, CPCS and PTS trained staff
Supporting the entire project lifecycle from feasibility to delivery
- EIA Coordination
- Environmental assessments and surveys
- DMRB Assessments
- GRIP 1-5 reports
- Environmental Management Plans
- Environmental Consenting and compliance
- Environmental monitoring and audit
- Environmental site supervision / watching briefs
- Site management plans / CAR licensing
- Incident response monitoring